How to summarise and report on submissions
Councils seek submissions on all sorts of proposals to make sure their decisions are informed by the community. And when people make the effort to make a submission, it’s important that their views are fairly represented in a report back to the elected members.
This guide to summarising and reporting on submission will help you to:
- group submissions into categories
- set up a system to easily find all the submissions within a topic category
- summarise the submissions
- use a consistent structure to concisely report on the feedback
- prepare customised responses to submitters.
Using this system will enable you to automate key aspects of the summarising and reporting process, and to double-check your numbers (in support and opposition) at any time.
Click here to access the guide to summarising and reporting on submissions.